Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"Omigod, You Guys!"

Look what I'm seeing tonight.


You'd think that, with my loathing - - my "unadulterated loathing" - - of that other show with a little too much pink for my taste (Wicked), that I would not want to see this theatrical piece of pop confection.

But I do. 

I've heard good things from friends who have seen the show and I watched a few episodes of Legally Blonde - The Musical: The Search for Elle Woods...

...which was, in a sea of train wrecks masquerading as reality shows, the biggest train wreck of them all... and I loved every second of it...

...so, I'm really looking forward to tonight.

And Amy and I will be podcasting after the show for the Windy City Queercast

Because, musical theatre is already pretty queer, but this opening number would make Rip Taylor say, "Now, THAT'S faggy."

7 comments:

Java said...

Oh, my Gawd, that's a lot of squealing pink. I hope you enjoy it. I really like the movie, but I'm not sure I could sit through that much squealing, singing pink.

AJohnP said...

I'm SO jealous.
I loved every minute of it when I saw it in New York, and I watched it when it was on MTV, AND I was completely addicted to the reality show.
When I saw it in NYC, I saw the understudy ( Becky Gulsvig) who is Elle on tour...I thought she was pretty great.
Have fun!!!

Michael said...

I love that you used Rip Taylor as a punchline. Palm Springs - HELLO!

cb said...

Just saw it here. Loved it. Blogged about it.

Anonymous said...

I'm going tomorrow night...and the 23rd. Loathe to admit, I'm kind of a fan of this show. It's so counter-intuitive to what I think I know about myself!

Also: "So Much Better" is one of the best first act closing numbers I can think of (when sung well). Sue me.

Lance Noe said...

i love that opening number, some of the other songs in the show are a bit UMMMM but in total a good time was had by all

Eric R. said...

I hate how much I loved this show! :)