Sunday, May 03, 2009

"I Was Reading a Book the Other Day..."

I was putting together a "Five Famous People Who Share My Birthday" thing on Facebook the other day (yes, it's gotten that bad with me and the Facebook), so I did a Google search for my birthday (January 22nd) and there was a list of January 22nd birthdays.

When I saw the name Marie Dressler on the list, I flipped.

I love me some Marie Dressler. Especially in Dinner at Eight.

So, I of course put her down as one of my "Five Famous People." Only she wasn't born on my birthday. She was born on November 9th, 1868. 

I should have known the list I read was wrong when it claimed that Marie was born in 1907. Because, if that were true, she would have been 25 years old in 1933, the year Dinner at Eight was released. 

And as you can see from this clip (where Ms. Dressler delivers the funniest last line of any movie that has ever been made), Marie is far from 25...

2 comments:

Java said...

The only famous person besides you who I know was born on our birthday was Bill Bixby. He died quite a few years ago. Cancer, I think. Otherwise, you are the most famous person I know who was born on my birthday.

Scooter said...

My favorite encounter with the lovely Miss Harlow was when she was at a dinner party and kept on addressing Margot Asquith (wife of British prime minister Herbert Asquith) as MargoT (pronouncing the 'T'). Margot finally had enough and said to her "No Jean, the T is silent, as in Harlow.".

Hahahahahaha!