Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Fish Gotta Swim, Birds Gotta Fly..."

Tomorrow night - - Monday, August 25th from 6pm to 8pm at Sidetrack - - I am performing in Flip-Flop 2: Flip-Flop Goes to the Movies, a wonderful benefit for the About Face Youth Theatre.

For those of you not in Chicago, About Face Theatre is an incredible gay and lesbian theatre company and their youth program brings together GLBT young people every year to workshop a theatre piece based on their true-life stories. This piece is then toured to high schools throughout the city and the suburbs. It's ground-breaking work and I am proud to be a tiny part of a fundraiser for this company.

And I'm performing with some SERIOUS talent tomorrow night. My buddy Amy Matheny is hosting and scheduled to appear are Amy Armstrong & Freddy Allen, Christine Buanan, Dale Calandra, Kristoffer Cusick, David Edelfelt, Ora Jones, Pat Kane, George Keating, Heidi Kettenring, Elizabeth Laidlaw, Tom Michael, Stanton Nash, Liz Pazik, John Riley, Paul Stovall, Chris Walsh alongside cast members of "Wicked" and "Jersey Boys." (whew...)

Click on the link if you want more info.

I'm singing "Can't Help Lovin' That Man of Mine" - - which is dedicated to a certain Boy in Florida, by the way - - and I'll be leading a sing-along written by a fellow East Tennessean who just happens to own her own theme park.

Oh, and they don't know it yet, but I'll be telling a story about the blow job I saw being given in the main room of Sidetrack one Sunday afternoon when they were playing The Trolly Song.

If I can't smoke in a bar anymore, I might as well tell blow job stories, don't you think?

No comments: