Thursday, December 06, 2007

When Stephen Saw Steven... at a Sports Bar

Last night, my friend Kevin and I watched PROJECT RUNWAY at Crew, Chicago's gay sports bar.

"Gay Sports Bar" to me sounds as ridiculous as "Peacekeeper Missle" or "Chainsaw Murderer Babysitter," but sitting in the middle of a bar decorated with a sports motif watching PROJECT RUNWAY was quite possibly one of the gayest things I have ever done in my life. And believe me, I've done some pretty gay things.

The best part was that the Chicago cutie contestant from Season Four's PROJECT RUNWAY was at Crew as well!

Yes, Steven Rosengard was at a large table in the center of the bar with an entourage of attractive women and one attractive man.

I SO wanted to go up to him, talk to him, nibble on his neck, pinch his nipples and rub him until he screamed my name with delight and pledged to love me for all eternity... but I was too shy.

Besides, that man who was sitting with him might be his boyfriend. So, I'll have to take him out of the picture before I make my move.

Does anyone know how I can contact Jeff Gillooly?

Open Note to Steven Rosengard: You, Sir, are a dream boat. As soon as my show opens, I will be back at Crew for PROJECT RUNWAY night. And if you're single, let me know. Cause I would drink your bathwater.

17 comments:

Michael said...

Rrrrriiiight.....you are about as shy as I am straight.....

Stephen R. said...

Michael - I knew you were straight! I knew it!!!

Aaron said...

I both loved/loathed it the few times I saw local "celebs" in a place I like to frequent. It's very exciting to see them, of course, but they always act like they're sort of "above it all" and then it spoils your fun because the place gets packed with psychophants, butt-lickers and hangers-on...

Damnit, I pay $7.00 for those pitchers! And I intend to enjoy them! (I will, however, rub their nipples if they'll buy me the next round(s)...)

Anonymous said...

too shy shy, hush hush, eye to eye

as if.

you don't look to shy in those leathers!!!

Michael said...

HAHAHAHAHA....godDAMNIT, I loves me some Shirley......

Mark in DE said...

"I will drink your bath water." You're such the romantic!

Mark :-)

Stephen R. said...

Aaron - Well, Steven didn't spoil it at all. He's so cute. And we sweet to the people who were talking to him. I was just too damn shy to walk up to him. Cute, cute, cute.

Shirley Heezgay - How much do I love you for knowing The Hit of Kashagoogoo!! And yes, I'm not shy in leather, but I was wearing any leather last night. Well, not that anyone could see, anyway.

Michael - Yeah, he kind of called it, didn't he?

Mark - Well, I could have said, "I want to fuck you five ways to Sunday" but that would have been too crass.

Anonymous said...

*starts singing again...*

"you'd better get to livin', givin'..."

USE YOUR POWER! lol

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aaron said...

I'm sure he'd be more interested in that than a person who uses a fake name and spreads scurrilous rumors...

Stephen R. said...

McCool - I should have started singing!!! True, true, true!!

tru dat - I never wanted to be the guy who wouldn't allow anonymous comments on his blog, but since jackasses like you won't acknowledge who you are and therefore stand behind what you say, I may have to do just that. Until then, I'm simply going to delete your comment.

Aaron - Thanks you!

Steven said...

Stephen........You of all people were "...too shy?" That is so unlike you! But I thought the same thing you did when you mentioned it in your first paragraph...."A gay sports bar?" Crew is a great place though. Perhaps New Year's Day for the Rose Bowl with Illinois?

Mike said...

Dude, I wasn't kidding when I said I had his email address and phone number. Granted, they are both about 2 to 3 years old, and I haven't spoken to him in about a year. (Of course, lately, I've been afraid to contact him because I didn't want to seem like a hanging-on starfucker -- though Andy encourages me to do so every Wednesday) If you're becoming this obsessed, I can try a little harder to get you the hook-up (not that it'd be the first time...)

Stephen R. said...

Steven - The "Ev'rything's Coming Up Roses Bowl?" Absolutely!!

Mike - Whenever you get back in touch with him, give me the hook-up. Definitely!!! And yes, I'll take a hook-up from you or Andy anytime. :)

Anonymous said...

mmm-hmmm..
which is exactly why I became the guy who doesn't allow anonymous posts.

some peeps just want suck up all the good fun and intentions.

Stephen R. said...

Shirley Heezgay - I think I'm going to have to do just that. It sucks for my friends who don't have blogger profiles, but it just might have to happen.

Anonymous said...

We saw him duck into a corner to smoke on Broadway some wintry night we were in the city. Yay!