Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Hold the Pickle, Hold the Lettuce..."

I know this sounds weird, but I kinda hope that I run into this guy sometime in the next few days. Or at least find one of his wallets.

According to Time Out Chicago, between November 12th through the 14th, Burger King will be dropping 5,000 wallets in and around Chicago landmarks and high-traffic areas. Inside each of those wallets is a new BK Crown Card loaded with anywhere from $1 to $100.

City officials bark at us to call 911 if we see an unattended bag anywhere in the city, and identity theft is a horrific crime, but 5,000 wallets just laying around on the street? Sure! Grab one and take the CREDIT CARD inside! It's fun!!!

Nice promotion, Burger King. Nice.

But, I guess when you've got a creepy-as-fuck mascot like this, it makes sense.

Maybe Burger King is going all cruel and feudal on us. You know, the king who throws large sums of money into the crowd of peasants just to watch them rip each other apart for loose change.

I still want one of those wallets, though. I'm a peasant, I'll admit it. And there's a recession / depression going on. 

So, if you see me on the street and you see a wallet lying on the ground between us, don't make me fight you for it. Cause I will cut a bitch for a Whopper and some Chicken Fries.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

"recession/depression"

Let's just call it a repression and be done with it. Somehow, that fits.

I saw a Burger King at Bill Morey's Halloween party a few weeks ago. I was a nun. So I prayed for a hamburger.

Jackie said...

I find that shiny wooden head Burger King thing creepy as heck. That wallet thing is creepy too. I'll probably bump into something looking for one everywhere I go. Oh well.

Scooter said...

Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees this icon as disturbing. And WTF is up with this wallet crap? What message is that for kids. Someone's head should roll...hopefully is the king's.