Saturday, June 09, 2007

Batcycle For The Dark Knight?

I love the fan boys.

While the entire world focused on Paris Hilton's "in again / out again," "Whack-A-Mole," prison freak fest, the fan boys are debating our country's real crisis...

Is this REALLY a picture of the Batcycle from the upcoming Batman movie, DARK KNIGHT?!?


I guess you can tell from my crude picture editing that, because of the old school Batman emblem, I don't think this is the Batcycle that Christian Bale will straddle in DARK KNIGHT.

Dear Lord, I wish Christian Bale would straddle me on a dark night.

Call me a traditionalist, but I kinda prefer the 60's Batcycle.


I especially loved how Robin's sidecar could detach from the Batcycle.













Wait a second. Let's get a better look at how Robin has to... ahem... "sit" in that sidecar.

Is it just me and my "wishful thinking" looking at him seated like that, or does Robin look like he's begging for a Batpole?

How gay is Robin's sidecar on the 60's Batcycle? Well, when they created Batgirl's Batcycle, they had to put lace on it. Friggin' lace.



Even with the lace, though, Yvonne Craig comes across as more of a top than Burt Ward, don'tcha think?

10 comments:

dirk.mancuso said...

I had such a crush on Burt Ward when I was a kid...

whimsical brainpan said...

"Dear Lord, I wish Christian Bale would straddle me on a dark night."

Don't we all sweetie, don't we all...

Stephen R. said...

Dirk - I was too!!! Burt was yummy. I believe he was an underwear model who had never acted before he took on the winged-booted role of Robin. It all makes sense, doesn't it? :)

Whim - I know, but me posting that sentence is my feeble attempt at "putting my wishes out into the universe." No, I didn't read, nor do I believe in THE SECRET, but when it comes to sex with Christian Bale, I try anything. Even Scientology.

Anonymous said...

Go here for Batman in Chicago news. http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html As for Christian Bale straddling people, put me on the list!

Stephen R. said...

Lance's Friend - Thanks for the link to the site. I LOVE IT!!!

And I am putting you down on the "To Be Straddled By Christian Bale" list.

I'm planning on dressing like the Batcycle and making my fantasy a reality. :)

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Christian Bale, here I come!!

dirk.mancuso said...

Have you seen poor old Burt these days? Oy. My crush has set sail never to be seen again...

Stephen R. said...

Dirk - Yes, that ship has sailed. I don't think Burt will be modeling any underwear anytime soon.

He still wears the winged booties, though... on special occasions. :)

Aaron said...

Burt Ward was really cute as a 21-year-old Robin. He was in some teeny-bopper comedy movie in the 80s, playing a parent, though, and already the bloom was fading (and he was only about 40 at that time). Now...can't imagine.

Stephen R. said...

Aaron - Well, he's no Julie Newmar, that's for sure! :)