Sunday, March 04, 2007

Why the World Needs Superheroes

For those of you who don't believe in the power of superheroes or who might think that my $30 a week comic book obsession is not a "Man Magnet," I offer you this little story.

Earlier in the day, Philip emailed me the superhero he created...

WINGMAN

I wrote him back and said...
How much do I love WINGMAN! Although, I keep thinking of TOP GUN when I hear the name WINGMAN, so I think his catch phrase should be: "I feel the need. The need for speed!"
Then last night, he sent me this...
I had a date this afternoon with a very cute, very nice, son of seminarians. Just. Like. Me.

Halfway through our date, our waiter came up to me, and said, "I don't mean to interrupt, but are you a model?"

I said, "God, no. And God bless you!" and he said, "Because Katie (the other waiter) and I both thought you must be a model, and I just had to ask."

I told him that he and Katie were my new favorite people and that, if I worked hard for the rest of my life, I still wouldn't have enough money to leave them the tip they just earned.

How great is that!?!? Perfect date. I couldn't have planned it better.

Point is, I was almost late for the date because I was designing WINGMAN.

WingMan, the super hero who cock blocks, intercedes, protects from bad dates, and assists in setting up good ones. Yes, THAT WingMan.

Oh, his catch phrase: "I've Got This."
And before you even THINK of asking, I already have dibbs on borrowing WingMan for the next two or three... millennia. So, back off!

6 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

Ok can I borrow his scepter then?

Stephen R. said...

E - No.

I have special plans for that scepter.

Do you think it vibrates? Just a question...

whimsical brainpan said...

It must have powers of some kind. I would certainly hope for vibration being one of them.

Stephen R. said...

E - If vibration is one of them, I'm sure I will gain the power of levitation and possibly see through space/time itself!!

Alanda said...

Ha! Well, that was perfect, wasn't it? So, what about the date???? Is there a date #2 in the future?

Stephen R. said...

Alanda - Trust me, I will fill you in on Philip's future with this "guy from the great date." I'm sure Wingman won't allow this guy to NOT ask Philip for a second date!!!