Sunday, March 04, 2007

It's in the Cards

First I'm called a "Tool" and now this...


You are The Devil


Materiality. Material Force. Material temptation; sometimes obsession


The Devil is often a great card for business success; hard work and ambition.


Perhaps the most misunderstood of all the major arcana, the Devil is not really "Satan" at all, but Pan the half-goat nature god and/or Dionysius. These are gods of pleasure and abandon, of wild behavior and unbridled desires. This is a card about ambitions; it is also synonymous with temptation and addiction. On the flip side, however, the card can be a warning to someone who is too restrained, someone who never allows themselves to get passionate or messy or wild - or ambitious. This, too, is a form of enslavement. As a person, the Devil can stand for a man of money or erotic power, aggressive, controlling, or just persuasive. This is not to say a bad man, but certainly a powerful man who is hard to resist. The important thing is to remember that any chain is freely worn. In most cases, you are enslaved only because you allow it.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.



What is The Information SuperHighway trying to tell me these days? In the Dark Ages I'm a "Royal Tool" and my Tarot Card is a Devil card with not one but THREE figures grabbing their crotches!

Oh... I know... the internet is just telling everyone that I'm hung.

Hell, one google image search can tell people that...

13 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

Holy crap I'm the devil too! Maybe we influnced each other in our youth.

Stephen R. said...

E - Either that or we devils seek each other out... in Powell, TN of all places!!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I'm the Sun!

Michael aka The Fashion Police

Stephen R. said...

Michael - My mind immediately goes to the "dirty place" and starts imagining you being intimate with Tim and then beginning to sing, "Here comes the sun!"

Anonymous said...

As I have drawn the Devil card as well, there is clearly a malfunction in the system.

Stephen R. said...

Aaron - I love being the Devil. I feel like that Earth Kitt song, I WANT TO BE EVIL!

Or DEVIL WITH A BLUE DRESS ON.

Or a song from WICKED, since Mr. Schwartz obviously sold his soul to make that musical as popular as it is!!

David said...

Gee, what a surprise...

Stephen R. said...

David - Hey, I smell that... that's sarcasm. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm...

You are The Star
Hope, expectation, Bright promises.

The Star is one of the great cards of faith, dreams realised

The Star is a card that looks to the future. It does not predict any immediate or powerful change, but it does predict hope and healing. This card suggests clarity of vision, spiritual insight. And, most importantly, that unexpected help will be coming, with water to quench your thirst, with a guiding light to the future. They might say you're a dreamer, but you're not the only one.
Kristie

Stephen R. said...

Kristie - Why is it Aaron and Erin and I are The Devil, while you're a Star and my other friends are Suns and Magicians and other such bullshit?

It's because we're so friggin' hot, isn't it? :)

Anonymous said...

No your theory is out the door, I'm a hot star!!!!!

Mone said...

This devil looks more like a crab, hahaha.

Stephen R. said...

Kristie - You got me. You are DEFINITELY a hot star!

Mone - Yeah, he does look like a crab. But I've never seen a crab with nipple rings!! :)