Tuesday, July 31, 2007

TMI Tuesday

My fourth TMI Tuesday. It's like a weekly meme, isn't it?

While we're at it, what the Hell is a "meme" anyway?


1. Toilet paper: over, under, or what the hell are you talking about?

Over. And I can't believe I actually have a preference for that. The only reason I do have a preference for that is that I heard this same question on THE DATING GAME years ago and thought, "I don't have a preference for that. I better get one! Fast!"


2. Toilet when you are done: everything up, seat down but lid up, everything down?

I live alone, so whatever position it needs to be in for me to do my business is how I leave it after the business is done. 'Nuff said.



3. When was the last time you kissed someone not your significant other? [I am talking about a kiss with some gusto not just a little hello or goodbye peck]

What's with this assuming I have a "significant other," bitch?!? Geez. It's hard enough dealing with those fuckers at restaurants when I'm dining alone who say the inevitable, "Just one this evening?"

If I had a boyfriend, they would never say, "Just the two of you this evening? Popular couple (snicker). Follow me."

But to answer the question, I last kissed someone with gusto this past weekend.

You didn't ask "Who it was," now did you?


4. Would you rather have your significant other have sex with someone else or fall in love with someone else? [You have to pick one.]

I'd rather have a significant other who would have the balls... and the class, the decency and the honesty... to tell me if/when he was having sex with someone else or had fallen in love with someone else.

We can't control the people we love. Indeed, "controlling them" is the exact opposite of loving them.

As my Daddy says

"If you have to tie up your dog,
it ain't your dog."



5. If you had $1,000,000 to give away, how would you divide it up? Who and how much?

I would give it all to my mom.

I would buy her a really great house in Hilton Head right on the beach. Then I would buy her a new car and set the rest up in an account to earn interest and allow her to live comfortably and peacefully for the rest of her life.

She's worked so hard to give me so much, she deserves it.


Bonus (as in optional): Tell us something that very few people know about you.

I have a recurring nightmare I have had since I was a child. It involves my horrific fear of spiders.

The dream is always the same, though it changes as my life changes. Basically, I start my day as usual - - get up, shower, shave, make my way to school or work, etc. - - and at some point - - even late in the "day" - - I will see one spider or several spiders.

At that moment, I can't move and I can't make any noise, even though I am desperately trying to move, to run away and I am trying like Hell to scream my head off.

And as I'm paralyzed, the spider or spiders start moving towards me, slowly. The closer they get, the more frantic I become and yet I can't move and no sound is coming out of my mouth. My fear level rises to the point of insanity.

Then, just before the spider touches me, I wake up. In the dream, I haven't been able to move or make sound, but in real time, I am thrashing around in the bed, hitting and punching and screaming bloody murder.

I've been known to beat the living Hell out of boyfriends when I have this dream. But that's the thing about the dream - - I only have it when something is significantly wrong in my life.

When my stepmother came to live with my father and I - - a full year before they were married - - I had the dream once or twice a week. I had the dream so often that my father would stop coming in the room when he heard me scream. He knew I was just having "that nightmare" again.

But when I turned 19 and moved into my own apartment by myself, the dream stopped. Since then, I only have it when I'm dating someone who is treating me with disrespect or when I'm working with or am friends with someone who is cruel to me.

Weird huh?

9 comments:

Aaron said...

What if the dog WANTS to be tied up...?

I've had "spider dreams" before, too...usually now I have "tornado dreams" when things are going badly for me...must be a Midwestern thing!

Stephen R. said...

Aaron - A dog that WANTS to be tied up is a whole different kind of situation. And one I recommend highly. :)

You had spider dreams, too? Were you paralyzed in your's?

Anonymous said...

I've never had spider dreams... although I am terrified of spiders.

However, in my nightmares I am trying to scream but can't. I'm trying to shout but can't seem to catch enough breath to make a sound. That's probably because I really am trying to scream... if I ever did, I suspect it would wake me up.

P.S. THIS little dog enjoys being tied up.

Stephen R. said...

dovajorth - Hmmm... there seems to be a trend in my blog readers for dogs who enjoyed being tied up. I wonder if that's just a reflection of the blog owner's own preferences or what? :)

Aaron said...

Perhaps it IS a reflection on us? Who can say...?

I'm always paralyzed in my bad dreams...except for the "falling" ones.

Stephen R. said...

Aaron - I like that we're all in agreement on the whole "being tied up" thing. Makes us all more like family. :)

I hate the falling dreams. But at least with those, I wake up quickly.

Anonymous said...

Public Notification via L'Rader: I have been known to tie dogs up, and I do it rather well, and I don't have to be talked into it. One caveat, I may after that deed is done forget where the pup been tethered and just wander away, seeking other stimulus of the unrestrained sort. Dogs, properly collared of course, but running loose, can be very big fun, too. Further, having witnessed just one Rader Spider-Mare, they are not for the faint of heart. Very theatrical, as we would all expect, and the choreography is BEYOND TOMMY TUNE, but you have to be a strong person to keep insisting to yourself that Linda Blair is NOT in the room. And then, a question comes to mind...why is Rader so fond of Spiderman? Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I wanted to pass along this tip, for those of us that don't have blogs sent to us in a spreadsheet every day...(isn't that how it's done?)... First I type in goggle search "Stephen Rader blog," and do My business there, and then I just erase "Stephen Rade," and go right to Rosie's blog. Works for me, fewer keystrokes will set you free!

Stephen R. said...

Master Aaron - You HAVE experienced one of my "Spider-Mares," haven't you! They ain't fun. Me being in them or anyone else watching them. Not fun at all!!!

And I LOVE that I am the opening act for Rosie! That is a great compliment!