Thursday, July 26, 2007

All Singing, All Sondheim

My fabulous friend Karen Bronson, alongside incredible musical director Doug Orlyk, are once again producing a kick-ass cabaret show to benefit Season of Concern.


I first met Karen and Doug when I took over as the Executive Director of Season of Concern a couple of years ago. They have produced this cabaret fundraiser for SOC for years now and have it down to a science.

These folks know how to raise money!

Just so's you know, the first one of these shows that I attended was produced the same week that Chicago Shakespeare Theater also held a benefit for us.

Karen and Doug's event raised more cash.

Y'all. They raised MORE CASH - - than friggin' Chicago Shakes! That's the stuff!!!

This year's theme is right up my musical theatre alley... so to speak...


Yep, ALL Sondheim. Ain't nothin' better than that!!!

And in addition to Karen and Doug, the show also features Debbie Roberts, Stephen Schroeder and my good friend from several Porchlight Music Theatre shows...

...the Mendel to my Whizzer...

...the Bungee to my Gordo...

Mr. Mark Mavetz!

Love him. Love them. Love it all.

Here's all the info on the show. I will be there for both performances. Join me to watch an incredible show and raise money for Season of Concern. It's gonna be a blast!

Sunday, August 19, 2007
Two Shows: 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

Curly's Grill
499 Pennsylvania
Glen Ellyn, Illinois

Seating is Limited - Reservations Highly Recommended
708-488-0349

$15.00 Suggested Donation
Cash Bar
ALL PROCEEDS GO TO SEASON OF CONCERN

No comments: