Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Mama's Boy

My cousin Rhonda, the one born the same day I was born...

...January 22nd, 1985...

...ummm ...1980? ...

Come on, if LONELY GOATHERD can be transformed into a hip-hop dance track, I can revert back to a 27 year old, ok?

Anyway, Rhonda is one of those Southern moms who looks just as beautiful at 37 as she did at 17, teaches pre- school out of her own home, cooks and bakes food that rivals Ms. Paula Deen's, beautifully decorates her home with crafts that would earn the praise of "It's a good thing" from Martha "Prison Poncho" Stewart herself, juggles the schedules of her son's Little League games alongside her daughter's dance lessons and her husband's golf outings and still manages to master new art forms with ease.

Like photography.

When I was home for Christmas, Rhonda took a number of pictures of me, my mom and my brother.

I only have this one picture, so far.

That's my mama...

...and those are the Foothills of the Great Smokey Mountains behind us...

...right in Rhonda's back yard.

Isn't mama beautiful? She's my hero. And I'm proud to say, she's my friend.

Now, do you see why I'm so homesick all the time?

No comments: