Monday, December 18, 2006

Tallulah Quote & Contest

Last Christmas, my brother Jeff gave me a great desk calendar entitled GETTING IN TOUCH WITH YOUR INNER BITCH.

Why that title made him think of me, I haven't the slightest idea...

At any rate, the daily thoughts and quotes I've read over the past year have been wonderful. The one for today is damn near perfect.


"If I had my life to live again, I'd make the same mistakes... only sooner." - Tallulah Bankhead



ARE YOU THERE, BLOG? CONTEST: Name the
television show on which Ms. Bankhead made her final public appearance.

Bonus points if you can name the character she played on that television
show.

No cheating by looking it up in Wikipedia!!!

2 comments:

Mike said...

Batman playing....

Okay, I wasn't sure about the character so I looked it up on Wikipedia, so I won't say that answer. But I knew the show.

MeTV played the Vincent Price/Egghead episodes this Saturday where he tried to give back Gotham to the Native Americans who originally leased it to the Founding Families (including the Waynes, natually) for nine pelts a year. They actually used the phrase "Holy Indian Giver" -- I kid you not. It was EGG-CELLENT!

Stephen R. said...

Mike - EGG-CELLENT indeed!! You are correct that Ms. Bankhead's last television appearance was on the 60's BATMAN show. Anybody else know the character she played who kept using the phrase, "Batman, daahhhhling."

"Holy Indian Giver?!?!" I love it. My favorite Robin quote from the 60's series has to be "Holy Hole-in-a-donut, Batman!" What it means? I haven't the slightest fucking clue...