Thursday, December 21, 2006

"Some Day Soon We All Will Be Together..."

If you're not familiar with the original lyrics to HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS, take a moment to listen to the perfect singer conveying the perfect message for this year's holiday season.

When we are experiencing pain and loss, its sometimes overwhelming to even think about celebrating the season. This song's original lyric is not about putting on a happy face, but rather just trying to have a "little" Christmas, and to think ahead to that time when all of our friends, relatives and loved ones who have passed on will all be around us.

I imagine that to be just like the ending of LONGTIME COMPANION - - everyone we love from all the years of our life running onto a beautiful beach and creating a never-ending party on a warm summer day overflowing with joy and beach balls and love and laughter.

I really look forward to that day... seeing my Grandmother and Grandfather... Lemmie... my Aunt Cythina... Uncle Betty and Aunt Marshall... my college friend Mark who died from AIDS complications well before his 25th birthday will hug me and yell "Oh my Hell!" just like I remember...

Until then, as the song says, we'll have to muddle through some how.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Wishing you peace and much love.


No comments: