Saturday, April 28, 2007

Shoes

A week or so ago, Mary Winkler was convicted of voluntary manslaughter for shooting her husband.

What makes this a little different than your average, run-of-the-mill Lifetime Television for Women (and Gay Men) movie is that Mary's husband was a preacher.

And to add insult to injury...

...or rather, to add insult to murder...

...Mary claimed that her husband made her wear a wig and platform shoes when they had sex.

For me, that's not a defense strategy; that's a Saturday night.

Hell, exchange the wig with a red and white striped hat and you've got my Cat in the Hat costume in SEUSSICAL.

I guess Mary just isn't a "Shoe Girl."

Perhaps if she had seen this video, she would had understood the Power of Shoes.

(Watch this. Trust me. There's a short scene and then a kick-ass song that I think needs to be in my next cabaret show. Oh, how I love me some YouTube!)