Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"My Body's Too Bootylicious!"

Watching the video below gave me a unique flashback.

I mean no disrespect to this madly skilled, one-man Destiny's Child, but watching him dance to this particular song, I was reminded of an actress I worked with in a production of "Vampire Lesbians of Sodom," the uber-talented, utterly gorgeous and wickedly funny Ms. Kate Martin.

Kate was playing Madeleine Astarte, and her costume for the first act was basically a bikini by way of Honey Rider. Kate looked amazing in it, but she didn't feel attractive.

Kate is on the far left in the picture above, so you now realize that Kate is ALWAYS attractive. Stunningly beautiful is a better description, actually.

Still, she didn't feel good while wearing that bikini, but instead of moping or whining about something that she couldn't change, Kate empowered herself. Every night, just before she walked on for the first act, she would stand in front of a mirror in the dressing room, jiggle her body and sing at the top of her lungs...

"I don't think you're ready for this BELLY!
I don't think you're ready for THIS belly!"

Watching this boy brought that all back. So brilliant. So damn talented.\

Kate, I mean. And this kid, too. I guess.


7 comments:

Polt said...

well...Hmm....well, you go girlfriend.

HUGS....

Prospero said...

I'm definitely NOT ready for this....

philip said...

Oh KATE!! I always think of her whenever I hear that song. It will forever be "I don't think you're ready for this belly" to me.

Angel ABC said...

I love the Asian flay-va. He may be copying the choreography from the video, but the gay moves he brought in from somewhere else. Here's to my peeps!

Stephen said...

I had to appear, very nearly naked in a show that ran 18 months in Seattle inthe 1980s (this show was called E/R & it started at the Organic Theatre in Chicago).
I also had a little pep talk with myself at the curtain line...but the crew would foil me with trying to produce an erection by posting pics of hot guys right where I stood for my entrance.

KenPaul66 said...

I love this video ! I think we're seeing the winner of RuPauls's Drag Race, season 10 in the makin' !

cb said...

That jelly got some MOVES!