Wednesday, April 07, 2010

"Let It Please Be Him! Oh, Dear God! It Must Be Him!"

Guess who I talked to today? You'll never guess!

Okay, with the pics that I posted here, you probably WILL guess "Robin." Quickly and easily. But! Do you know WHICH Robin? Ha! Got you! Well...

1) It's not some Dick from the circus...

2) He never tried to kick Bruce Lee's ass while wearing Underoos, a pair of green, elf booties and a bright yellow, collared (WTF?!?), "Toddlers & Tiaras"-sized, satin cape...

3) And he never entered into a scene consisting of a clown, a crowbar, and a couple of 900 numbers before he KNEW THE SAFE WORD, damn it!!!

So, if I didn't speak to Dick Grayson, Burt Ward or Jason Todd today, who DID I speak to? That's right, fanboys! Today, I spoke on the phone with Tim Drake!

Well, alright. It wasn't THE Tim Drake, but it was "a" Tim Drake. It was a business call and when I heard the name, it took every last nerve I had to restrain myself from screaming, "DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE?!?"

Luckily for me, I was able to sneak in the topic of his name and its comic book significance at the very end of the call. Mr. Drake (TIM Drake!) told me that he had no idea he was a member of the Batman Family until a friend of his encouraged him to Google himself. He did, and there he was...

The third Robin, the Boy Wonder!

And if I find out that the real life Tim Drake looks even slightly similar to the comic book Tim Drake from this bottom panel, well...

Insert your own Bat-Pole / Bat-Cave joke here. (Funny... "Insert"...)

3 comments:

Java said...

I really like that Robin in the bottom panel. (hee hee - "bottom" )

Anonymous said...

Can I have both Robins? I promise to give them back.

Polt said...

I am SO jealous!! you got to talk to 'a' Tim Drake! Awesome. Only thing better woulda been meeting a Connor Kent. :)

HUGS...