Thursday, December 10, 2009

"Everybody's Waitin' for the Man with the Bag"



Every year around this time, I look at this picture of me, my blonde hair, my snappy sweater vest, and my "Toddlers & Tiaras" grin, sitting with my brother as we visit Santa Claus and think to myself...

"Get her."

I also think...

"My parents had the nerve to be shocked when I told them I was gay? WTF?!?"

Come on. Just look at this picture. You don't need flashcards to figure out that the blonde boy is extremely comfortable sitting on an older man's lap and asking for presents - - toys he will receive if the older man decides he's been a "good boy."





But check out this picture that Philip sent me from Sketchy Santas.

I'm tempted to send this to my father and write in the subject line...

"Hard to believe,
but it could have been much worse!"


"At least I don't play the sax."


****

UPDATE AS OF 1/1/10:

The picture that Philip sent me (of a fully grown, young man sitting on Santa's lap, wearing a pair of Speedos and holding a saxophone) is no longer available for posting. The gentleman who owns the picture (yes, the Speedo-wearing, sax player) emailed me and informed me that he owned the picture and that it is copyrighted.

He also mentioned that it was a stag night photo, which either makes sense of the "Speedo-Santa-Sax" picture or has turned it into a Pandora's box. I'm not sure which, but that's beside the point...

I wanted to replace the picture with something similar in the post, but when I came across this image, I had to use it.

Because now, I can send this picture to my father and write in the subject line...

"There are worse things than your 7 year old son blatantly enjoying sitting on the lap of a man dressed in red velvet and black leather..."

"There's Nancy Reagan!!!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photo is adorable! So cute.

The 2nd one? What is even going on there? Did this guy combine all of his interests for his Santa photo? Love it!

Eric R. said...

Uh ... speedo and sax and an underoos shirt? WTF???

Prospero said...

You notice how Santa has his hands in his lap while the sax boy sits on his knee? Think he's trying to hide something?

RAD said...

cute!!! I need to post my kids pic with Mr Claus! You are so cute!!!! Sharp vest honey! xo

the hobbit said...

OMG, girl. She is fierce. Then again, what does she have to be afraid of?!

philip said...

Look carefully. Sax Boy's pants are down around his ankles.

I'm just sayin. . .

Mark in DE said...

Oh, PLEASE let us know your dad's reaction!!