Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"Yeah, I Want to Buy Some Art"

"Manhood for Amateurs," Michael Chabon's new book of non-fiction essays, has been out for a week.

I can't believe it's been out an entire week and I didn't know anything about this.

I've been a HUGE fan of Chabon's work since I read "Mysteries of Pittsburgh" years ago.

But it was "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay" that cemented Chabon as my favorite author. (Thanks for that Christmas gift, Mike!)

If, as usual, I go to Border's on State and they don't have the new release I want, I will cut a bitch.

And by "bitch," I mean the snarky guy in the skinny jeans sporting Kate Gosselin's haircut.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Yeah, I didn't know about this either.

It was like when a Chebon article about Doctor Freakin' Who was in an issue of Details that sat in our apartment for almost a month before I realized it was there.

Actually, that was a much bigger deal; it was like he'd written me a love note and I didn't know about it until he'd left town.

David said...

I adore this author also. But then I knew about because I work for Borders. Not at State Street, though I know a few people who used to work there.