Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"Talk to Me, Baby"

Near the beginning of her one-woman, Broadway show "Wishful Drinking," Carrie Fisher tells the audience about waking up to find a dead man in her bed.

She then takes questions from the audience.

At a recent performance, someone asked, "How did you know he was dead?" Carrie replied...

"Have you ever seen
a dead body?


"They're blue and yellow,
which are the international colors of death.


"And they're really bad conversationalists."

If I don't make it to New York before this show closes, someone's going to get hurt. Seriously. Carrie Fisher at Studio 54 is last year's Liza at the Palace.

And if, once again, I miss this year's Must-See Theatre 'Mo Moment, somehow, I don't think watching my DVD of "Liza with a Z" is going to fill the gap like it did last year.

Maybe I can find a copy of "Under the Rainbow."

8 comments:

Project Christopher said...

CALL ME!

Anonymous said...

I love her. I want to see this show so bad. I'm not sure I'll make it to NYC. I wonder if she'll tour when the Broadway run is over?

Just Kevin... said...

If you have a question you'd like me to ask I'll be in the second row on November 15! I'll ask ANYthing! Tell Project Chris hi!

Ellie said...

just do it. drop everything and make it happen!

Stephen said...

I saw Wishful Drinking at Seattle Rep this summer... amazing!
You have such good taste... does it transfer to your taste in me?

Prospero said...

She also brings an inflatable version of herself on stage... I almost peed.

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend and I are dying to see this show too.

Stephen R. said...

Dirk - It does my heart good when you say that - - "My boyfriend and I." I'm so happy for you!