Friday, September 10, 2010

"You've Got Possibilities"

Dear God...

Is she going to do it?

Is Julie Taymor ACTUALLY going to be able to create a GOOD superhero musical for the Broadway stage? (Or the Broadway circus tent, as the case is going to be)

It's been almost 50 years since "It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Superman" did to showtunes what "Catwoman" and "Judge Dredd" did to motion pictures, but for all my misgivings (and I have and have had SEVERAL), something makes me feel giddy inside and has me believing that Taymor might actually pull it off.

Or maybe I just want to wear this Swiss Miss costume. Yeah, that's really what's making me all tingly inside.

Eat your heart out, Lady Gaga.


9 comments:

Prospero said...

I'm still so very dubious... I am looking forward to her "Tempest" (naturally). I think "Titus" is one of the best Shakespearean movies ever made.

cb said...

I'm sorry, but this just sounds so, so, so, so very bad.

dirkmancuso said...

I think it will be God-awful if for no other reason than Taymor has opted to make Skanky-Jane the love interest instead of the most awesomely awesome comic book girlfriend in the history of ever, my beloved Gwen Stacy.

dirkmancuso said...

I think it will be God-awful if for no other reason than Taymor has opted to make Skanky-Jane the love interest instead of the most awesomely awesome comic book girlfriend in the history of ever, my beloved Gwen Stacy.

Palm Springs Savant said...

I must admit I'm having trouble visualizing this production's merits, but I do keep an open mind about things~

Avenjer said...

Hmmm, not that I'll be in New York in the near future but, visually it does look interesting. They might just pull it off in a cirque du soleil kind of way.

khmer student said...

Hi! friend, Could you exchange link with my site? it is new, do hope our job will be bether then now if we exchange link together
Here's mine
http://khdoc.blogspot.com/

http://khmergay.nibblebit.com/
http://amangay.blogspot.com/
cheer,

Khdoc news

Michael M said...

September 10th, Stephen. September 10th. I miss your frat boys. :(

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon

Thanks for sharing, I have digged this post