Friday, November 24, 2006

Off to UGLY BABY

I'm off to my 10:30 p.m. performance of UGLY BABY tonight. I haven't done the show in exactly one week, so we'll see just how many 36 year-old Senior Moments I can have in one hour.

And for the record, when I say "Senior Moment" I mean being forgetful - - not pissing myself like June Allyson: The Later Years.

And speaking of the UGLY BABY, Eric found a truly kick-ass piece of music for the end of our show, but when I mentioned that I believed the cheer/phrase came from the 1986 movie WILDCATS starring Goldie Hawn, the rest of the cast gave me that look...

...the same look that my father gave me when I came home after hearing WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT? on the radio for the first time and telling him all about this great new singer named Tina Turner.

... the same look that Bea Arthur always gave in every episode of MAUDE right before she would say...





"God will get you for that, Walter."


At 36, I find profound truth in Joanne's line from the musical COMPANY:

"We're too old for the young people and too young for the old people. We ARE the generation gap."

Well, my fellow UGLY BABIES, here's a little piece of the 80's for you...


No comments: