Sunday, June 07, 2009

"It's Showtime, Folks"

Tonight is the night. The 2009 Tony Awards are here.

This is the night that separates the leather men from the nancy boys.

What I mean is, this is the gayest night on television and if you're gay and you're NOT watching the Tony Awards, then you're truly not a homosexual. You're just a cocksucker. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

As Karen Walker once said in an episode of Will and Grace...

"Honey, you're gayer than a clutch purse on Tony night."

And what better way to celebrate such a festive, queer occasion than to watch the awards with a fellow queen, Eric McCool, and the 2009 Grand Marshall of the Chicago Pride Parade, Alexandra Billings?

If only Triumph the Insult Comic Dog was once again on the red carpet of the Tony Awards this year, as he was two years ago in the video below. I love my showtunes, but making fun of my idol, Donna Murphy - - priceless...


5 comments:

Polt said...

Hmmm, well then, I guess I'm just a cocksucker. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

Have fun watching them!

HUGS...

Prospero said...

What may well be the funniest clip I've seen in forever. But, I guess I'm not gay enough - didn't watch. Have my own damn show to worry about...

james said...

like neil patrick harris sang at the end, 'this show could not have been any gayer, if liza was mayor, and elton john had taken flight...'

like hedwig says, 'gay-gay-gay. gay gay gay.'
angela lansbury? liza? elton? jerry herman? billy elliot? neil patrick harris? harvey fierstein? so delightfully gay.

now if only broadway could produce shows that weren't based on movies ...

Mark in DE said...

"if you're gay and you're NOT watching the Tony Awards, then you're truly not a homosexual. You're just a cocksucker."

That made me LOL!

YVY Mag said...

Hey Guys,

We really like your website and we would like to exchange links with you! If you liked, please send me an email confirming the exchange. Thanks :-)

All the best,
Marcello
info@yvymag.com
www.yvymag.com